Just a reminder, my friends, that THE JOKE’S ON ME has been nominated for best romantic novel in the P&E (Preditors and Editors) Readers Poll. This poll recognizes the hard and often overlooked work of authors, editors, illustrators, and publishers, mainly indies. It’s quite an honor to win.
Because the site that conducts the poll for P&E is run mainly by volunteers, and we do want the voting to be fair and properly tallied, the process may look a bit convoluted and the site can run slowly at times. Here are the basic steps to vote for my book:
1. Go to this link: http://www.critters.org/predpoll/novelr.shtml
2. Scroll down to “The Joke’s on Me.” (The books are listed alphabetically.)
3. Click on the circle in front of the title.
4. Fill in your name, e-mail address (I assure you, these are NOT stored or sold), the CAPTCHA code (they want to know you’re a human, not a spambot), any comments you’d care to make about the book, then click “SUBMIT VOTE.”
5. A screen should pop up telling you how to FINALIZE your vote. You should receive an email to the address you’ve given, from “firstname.lastname@example.org”.
6. When you get this e-mail, click on the link shown to finalize your vote.
7. If you’d like, consider voting for 4RV’s other nominees in other categories. In particular, my publisher, Vivian Zabel, has been nominated for best author, art director Aidana WillowRaven, who works terribly hard and does great work, has been nominated for best artist, and 4RV is in the running as a whole for publishing print and e-books.
Voting closes at midnight, January 9th. Thank you ever so much for your help! Major celebratory beverages will be poured if I win! (I’m currently running third.)